An Introduction to Python Programming Language & Its Applications
Introduction: Why is Python Important and What is it Used for?
Python is an object-oriented programming language that has been popular for a long time. It is one of the most common programming languages used in data science and machine learning.
The syntax of Python is clean, simple, and easy to learn. Moreover, Python can be used for many different purposes. For example, it can be used for web development and as a scripting language for software applications.
Python was designed with a particular emphasis on code readability which makes it perfect for beginners.
What are the Advantages of Using Python in Your Project?
Python is a high-level programming language that has been around since the 1980s but is still a popular choice for data science, machine learning, and web development. Python is an easy language to learn and offers many benefits.
The advantages of using Python are:
- Easy to learn
- Widely used in data science and machine learning projects
- Used by many large companies like Google and NASA
- Guido van Rossum started working on Python in late 1980s to replace the ABC programming languages. It was first released in 1991 under the name Python 0.9.0.
- In 2000, Python 2.0 was released. It introduced new features like list comprehensions and cycle-detecting trash collection. reference counting and Unicode.
- Python 3.0 was released in 2008. It is not fully compatible with previous versions.
Note: Python 2 was retired with version 2.7.18, 2020.
Why Python is famous
10 reasons why Python is famous among developers
- Python is easy to learn and use
- Python is a great tool for web development purposes
- Data Science uses the Language extensively
- Multi-platform Frameworks and Libraries
- Python can be used with the ML tool
- Python for Academics
- Is there a highly supportive community?
- Flexibility and reliability
- Python automates tasks
- Always the First-choice